Plan a Wedding in 10 Days
Day 1 - The Busiest Day
You are going to want to spend the day doing your research and making a list! Use the following checklist to guide you through your search.
- Venue — Find a minimum of 3 options that you love! Set up tours
- Catering — Make sure your venue provides this service or find a local vendor.
- Photographer — Find someone that fits your style and your personality.
- Entertainment — Research DJs in the area and ask your venue for recommendations (they usually have the best)!
Day 2 - Time to Tour
Here is a list of questions to ask your venue.
- Are you available for the date I’m interested in?
- If I book the space, what time frame do I have available to me?
- What decorations do you provide?
- What vendors are included? (catering, music, day-of coordinator, etc.)
- Do you have any restrictions?
- Are there any other events happening on this day?
- Who oversees the set up and break down?
- Is the room accessible for disabled guests?
- Do you provide alcohol or do we need to bring our own?
- Do you provide cake cutting services?
Day 3 - The Fun Stuff
You’ve booked your dream venue, so now let’s move on to the fun stuff! Catering, Officiant, Baker, Photographer, Florist, and Entertainment. Refer to your list, weigh your options, and pick the one you fall in love with and best fits your vision!
Day 4 - The Guest List
Make a list of guests you would like to invite and send out an email or an invitation to your Big Day! Keep in mind bigger is not always better. Your grandma, definitely invite! Your second cousin, twice removed, think twice!
Day 5 - Find Your Dream Dress
Vintage, ballgown, lace, or even a jumpsuit, the choice is yours. Make sure you are comfortable as your special day can be especially long! Don’t forget to find something for the groom as well!
Day 6 - Create a Timeline
Create a timeline of the day including all the little details. See below for an example!
- 9:00am – Get Ready
- 2:00pm – Take Photos
- 4:30pm – Ceremony
- 5:00pm – Cocktail Hour
- 6:15pm – Introduction to Dinner
- 6:30pm – Dinner
- 7:30pm – Toasts
- 8:00pm – Cake Cutting
- 8:15pm – First Dance
- 8:20pm – Father-Daughter/Mother-Son Dances
- 8:30pm – Dancing and Mingling
- 10:30pm – Exit as Mr. and Mrs.!
Day 7 - Confirm Everything
Today, make sure everything is set and ready for your vendors. Also, be sure all your payments are in!
Day 8 - Errands
Do an errand run and pick up any small or extra items you may need! Below are a few things to consider.
- Water Bottles
- Needle and Thread
Day 9 - Take a Deep Breath!
It is the day before the Big Day and you are likely feeling a sense of stress, but try not to! Do these things to help relieve stress and create a relaxing experience before you say “I Do.”
- Get your nails done
- Pack your car with items you need to bring to the venue. Labeling the boxes will help you be even more organized.
- Plan a fun activity with your friends and family that have come into town. Consider visiting a local brewery or go on a picnic.
- Gather all your last questions for the venue and head to the rehearsal. After the rehearsal, enjoy dinner with friends and family, and soak in the memories.
Day 10 - Happy Wedding Day!
Remember, do not stress. Just sit back and enjoy the day with the people that mean the most to you and everything else will fall into place!